This week, start learning about our Earth’s forests by learning about rainforests! Each image below links to a strand of learning:
- Use the ‘Rainforest Information’ Powerpoint to make notes and learn new facts
- Use the ‘Animal Fact File’ activity sheet to apply what you are learning and create your own fact file of a creature that lives in the rainforest
- Use the ‘Further Research’ website to add to your notes. Once finished, think about what skills you can use to present this learning? Will you create detailed drawings of the creatures of the rainforest? Or an information text sharing what you have learnt? You could even write a script for a TV programme, telling you all about the lives of these marvellous creatures!
- Watch the ‘Art with Henri Rousseau’ video to inspire you to create your own rainforest artwork – can you use resources of your choice to create a rainforest scene, with or without one of the unique creatures you have been studying featured? Tweet your artwork once you’re complete! You could even create several, creating your own art gallery!
Forests: Rainforest Deforestation
This week, continue learning about our Earth’s forests by learning about deforestation. Each image below links to a strand of learning:
- Use the ‘Danger of Deforestation’ Powerpoint to make notes and learn new facts
- Use the ‘For and Against Argument’ activity sheet to cut out and sort the sides of the argument – use these to start to plan to write a discussion text titled: ‘Should we allow deforestation to continue?’
- Use the ‘Further Research’ website to add to your notes. Once finished, think about what skills you can use to present this learning? Add to your plan and write your discussion text. You can also progress on from this and create persuasive leaflets or a speech to try and stop deforestation across the world.
- Save Our Home! Use the link below to access the STEM lesson on animals losing habitat. Remember to tweet us to share your learning with us!
Ancient Egyptians: Who were they?
This week, start learning about the Ancient Egyptians – who were they? Each image below links to a strand of learning:
- Use the ‘Who Were the Ancient Egyptians?’ Powerpoint and video to make notes and learn new facts
- Use the ‘Ancient Artefacts’ and accompanying photos to explore some of the objects from the times. What do you think they were used for? What is their significance?
- Get into the mindset of a person living in Egypt at the time of the Ancient Egyptians. Use the challenge cards to get creative with some real-life problem solving skills!
- Use the ‘Further Research’ website to add to your notes. Watch the videos to look at what life was like for the Ancient Egyptians. Create information texts, explanations or even your own story set during this time. We’d love to see your finish work!
- Learn about Egyptian Hieroglyphics and attempt to write or paint a version of your name using the ancient symbols!
Ancient Egyptians: What was life like in Ancient Egypt?
This week, continue learning about the Ancient Egyptians: what was life like in Ancient Egypt? Each image below links to a strand of learning:
- Read the Powerpoint and complete the resources alongside to grasp what daily life was like in Ancient Egypt
- Complete the timeline ordering activity to help with your chronology
- What types of jobs would Ancient Egyptians have? Write a diary as a ‘Day in the life of…’ and choose a profession to write about in Ancient Egypt. Use the ‘Further Research’ website to help you with this and add to your note.
- Learn about the greatest achievements of Ancient Egypt with this incredible mini booklet to explore!